Click here for the best hotel deals - HotelsCombined.com

e-book best seller

search hotel

e-book best seller

Sunday, October 25, 2009

IJEN PLATEAU : Known for its Sulphur Mining

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ijen is actually a complex of stratovolcanoes near Banyuwangi in East of Java. Kawah Ijen (Ijen Crater) is the center of attraction, which contains a nearly 1 km wide, turquoise-colored, acid crater lake.
Kawah Ijen is also the site of a labor-intensive sulfur mining operation in which sulfur-laden baskets are hand-carried from the crater floor. The weight of the sulfur stones carried by the labor shoulder can reached up to 80 kg. Coffee, cocoa, clove and rubber plantation surrounding the area of the Ijen Crater, which was established by Dutch colonial government is still run very well and can be visited. A trip to Ijen Crater starts from Bondowoso or Banyuwangi where many tourist information and facilities are available.

How to Get There:
Ijen Plateau is usually accessed from the town of Bondowoso and Banyuwangi. Pos Paltuding, the starting point for the hike to Kawah Ijen, is 64 km from Bondowoso. The starting point can also be reached from Banyuwangi with 4WD vehicles.


Related Posts



1 komentar:

Rick Wezenaar said...

Hello, these photo's are copyrighted! I made these photo's and you have posted them without asking for my permission. why did you do that ?

Post a Comment

 

my baby

my baby

my babys

my babys

my baby

my baby
Copyright © Recreational Trips around the World | Powered by Blogger | Template by Blog Go Blog